The horror/fantasy convention for werewolf lovers is BACK, my friends.
WHEN: Saturday & Sunday, February 7-8, 2015
WHERE: Red Lion at the Quay, Vancouver, WA (just across the Columbia River from Portland, Oregon).
WHO: A plentiful pack of werewolf enthusiasts and creative professionals, including:
- Kitty Norville series urban fantasy novelist Carrie Vaughn
- “Pure American Werewolf Metal” band GrimWolf
- Underworld franchise SFX alumn and Laika prop wizard George Willis
- werewolf/anthropomorphics fine artist Goldenwolf
- shapeshifter folklorist Rev. Dr. Phillip A. Bernhardt-House
- Werewolf: the Apocalypse writer/designer Satyros Phil Brucato
- 20th Anniversary Werewolf LARP prime-mover Jason Andrew
- werewolf-news.com blogger & Supernatural Registration Authority perpetrator Andrew Quinton
- monster artist Tandye Rowe
- esoteric artist & natural history curatrix Lupa
- recreational paranoia & obfuscation led by Al Partridge of Portland Werewolf
and more writers, artists, podcasters, gamers, filmmakers, haunters, & every other stripe of lycanthropic luminary. If you think that should include you, please email me a query or go straight to our submission form for panels, workshops, and whatever other sort of programming you’d like to run. To add your movie to our short film showcase, email here; to apply for a dealer room spot, click here; to inquire about our art show, email Kigai Holt.
HOW: Weekend passes to HOWL CON are yours for the unbelievably low pre-reg price of $40, but I’ve cooked up two special deals for you:
- Use the coupon code “earlybird” to grab the first 20 registrations for only $30/weekend!
- Select the Patron-level registration to lend extra support to HOWL CON and receive a package of perks including priority check-in, recognition in the program booklet, early dealer room access, and a special reception with featured guests. Only twelve Patron registrations are available for 2015!
- Don’t forget to reserve your discounted hotel stay, including shoulder dates, by calling (360) 694-8341 and asking for the HOWL CON rate, or reserve nights of Feb. 7th & 8th ONLY online by clicking here.
So what are you waiting for, a blue moon? Register for HOWL CON today, and stay tuned to twitter.com/howlconpdx for updates about guests and activities.
Bringing this event back is a triumph and a pleasure. COME HOWL WITH US!