HOWL CON II is set for February 6-7, 2016, returning to Red Lion Vancouver Hotel at the Quay and continuing our support of Wolf Haven International! The dealer application and programming submission forms have been updated, please use the links in the sidebar to get involved. You can buy your passes at our registration page; the “earlybird” discount code is in place for the first 25 purchasers, and there is once again the option to support us at the Patron level for $125. Speaking of Patrons, thank you Matt Dahlquist and David Price for your big show of support! Watch for news about hotel discounts, guests, and programming here and at twitter.com/howlconpdx.
HOWL CON 2015 is wrapped. I have more to say, and I’ll edit this post with my thoughts later, but for now check out these post-mortems by Kweeny, Bryan, Andrew, and Mordrude, plus our press coverage. Bryan has also been consolidating people’s photography from the weekend on his Twitter feed. More soon,
Click below to view the HOWL CON program grid, covering all of Saturday and Sunday, February 7-8, 2015. This is the most complete version of the schedule available, but it’s still subject to change pending some guests’ travel, health, and other issues. See the registration table for corrections and updates throughout the weekend.
On Friday, February 6th, the historic Kiggins Theatre is getting into the HOWL CON spirit with a fantastic werewolf double feature:
- First up is the 1985 comedy Teen Wolf, kicking off its run as part of We Love the 80’s at the Kiggins (sponsored by The Mighty Bowl)! Showtimes at 4:30pm and 6:30pm.
- Then stay for last year’s cult hit horror-comedy WolfCop (for mature audiences)! Showtime at 8:30pm.
- Round out the night with werewolf short films, a free-throw competition, and more.
- The general admission ticket will be discounted for HOWL CON passholders.
- Patron-level HOWL CON attendees get in FREE!
- proceeds from concessions will be shared with our partner charity, Wolf Haven.
The Kiggins is just a short walk from HOWL CON’s hotel, so this will be a great way for locals & early arrivals to spend their Friday.
The horror/fantasy convention for werewolf lovers is BACK, my friends.
WHEN: Saturday & Sunday, February 7-8, 2015
WHERE: Red Lion at the Quay, Vancouver, WA (just across the Columbia River from Portland, Oregon).
WHO: A plentiful pack of lycanthropic luminaries, including:
- Kitty Norville series NYT bestselling author Carrie Vaughn
- “Pure American Werewolf Metal” band GrimWolf
- presenters & staff from our official charity, Wolf Haven International
- Underworld franchise SFX alumn and Laika prop wizard George Willis
- Amazonian cosplayer & vlogger Hildurgalaxy
- Veteran illusion & haunt technician (& avid werewolf stuff collector) Mr. Kurt
- Photographer, art director, & Quiet Thunder Productions CEO Sandra Damiana Buskirk
- Werewolf: the Apocalypse writer/designer Satyros Phil Brucato
- 20th Anniversary Werewolf LARP prime-mover Jason Andrew
- beast/monster costumer & author Mordrude
- werewolf-news.com blogger & Supernatural Registration Authority perpetrator Andrew Quinton
- monster artist Tandye Rowe
- esoteric artist & natural history curatrix Lupa
- author & professed werewolf Rhiannon Louve
- recreational paranoia & obfuscation led by Al Partridge of Portland Werewolf
- a special treat for players & collectors: RAGE CCG tournament (White Wolf rules, Swiss tournament style) Sunday, Feb. 8 by House of Flying Monkeys!
To join this toothsome company, please email me a query or go straight to our submission form for panels, workshops, and whatever other sort of programming you’d like to run. To add your movie to our short film showcase, email here; to apply for a dealer room spot, click here; to inquire about our art show, email Kigai Holt.
PLUS: the Kiggins Theatre in downtown Vancouver is showing a night of werewolf films on Friday, February 6th, and HOWL CON passholders get a great discount on an already affordable ticket!
HOW: Weekend passes to HOWL CON are yours for the unbelievably low pre-reg price of $40, but I’ve cooked up two special deals for you:
- Use the coupon code “earlybird” to grab the first 20 registrations for only $30/weekend!
- Select the Patron-level registration to lend extra support to HOWL CON and receive a package of perks including free admission to the Kiggins movie night, priority check-in, recognition in the program booklet, early dealer room access, and a special reception with featured guests. Only twelve Patron registrations are available for 2015!
- Our hotel stay discount has expired, but you can still book a room at the Red Lion by calling (360) 694-8341 or clicking here.
So what are you waiting for, a blue moon? Register for HOWL CON today, and stay tuned to twitter.com/howlconpdx for updates about guests and activities.
Bringing this event back is a triumph and a pleasure. COME HOWL WITH US!